Tuesday, December 9, 2008

En Route

On Friday, the 5th of December, we went to the airport to depart on our journey to Mumbai, India.

Here we are in the airport after going through security:


We arrived early, so we had time to kill. We decided to live lavishly and splurge on smoothies

Boarding the plane... Too late now, no backing out!
So, we get on the plane, Pooja has window seat, I'm sitting in the middle, and this woman comes and sits next to me. She looks at me awkwardly and starts speaking in Hindi. Since I'm no expert in the Hindi language, I turn to Pooja in desperation. Pooja informs me that the woman does not feel comfortable sitting next to a member of the male sex, and I now have to switch with Pooja. This is an interesting start to our trip to India


17 hours on an airplane makes you feel like you have algae growing on your teeth

and an immense need to do #2 ... no that can wait


Finally off the plane, and being vigilant in the Mumbai airport. It feels good to stretch the legs


So after we get our baggage and go through security, we walk outside and see about 15 of Poojas family members there to greet us. We then ride back to her house where there are even more family members waiting up with food and sweets even though it was well after midnight. I wish I would have taken some pictures of this...

No comments: