Saturday, December 13, 2008

the puja at poojas

Since all of their family was in under the same roof again, they decided to have a get together and have a puja... which basically meant all the friends and family gathered together to bless the house and bring good fortune. Since we were also having a marriage ceremony, they thought, hey lets have a double-whammy puja and bless their marriage too.

So here are some pictures from the puja. And as mentioned in the last post, I was sick and vomiting through this whole thing.


Here's me in my new fancy new outfit


Rushi's biodata picture for shaadi.com

Kinnari and her Dad


Soo purrrrty


Pooja has a very loving family!


The dudes. These clothes best worn commando-style


We are holding coconuts in our hands, which I don't know exactly what it represents but it's hard on the outside soft on the inside so we're supposed to work through both?


Everyone came around and rubbed this yellow paste like substance on our face. I forget what this was for... but here's Bad Chad taking advantage of the situation and rubbing it all over my face


Yes, that is a fire in the living room. It was pretty hot... literally

No comments: